Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas Tree
This year I have made our tree. The branches are made from thin wire twisted around thicker wire. After all the branches were made I wired them onto a curtain rod which I had cemented into an enamel bucket. When this was finished I sprayed the whole tree white. The idea came from a tree I saw in a large chain store and I asked where I could get one. I was told that they could possibly order me one and the cost was approximately $150. After spending hours making one myself I know now that this price is quite cheap, and I fear someone in a less fortunate country will have been paid pittance for making these trees.

Anyway, the lights look so pretty twinkling on the tree I have uploaded my first YouTube video and put it on the blog.

Merry Christmas to you all out there in blog land.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi guys,

I don't know if you remember me from beach mission (Kate Reid now Chadwick). Just wanted to reply and say how *gorgeous* your tree is, Jen. Also, I agree with Megs that Rachel was the most beautiful bride ever. We're going up to Barham this weekend to catch up with the Joneses at the farm (we live in Melbourne). I can hardly wait; I'm dying to meet Eowyn and Coco too.