Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Moreton Bay Figs
In the playground of the school where I (Jenny) teach there are some amazing Moreton Bay Fig trees. They are very old and drop a lot of fruit that causes a great mess during the year, and their roots have caused parts of the asphalt to lift. But they are beautiful, and provide wonderful shade. I have taken a Year 6 class outside to sketch these trees this week.
I found a sketch by Brett Whitely of a Moreton Bay Fig...I'll have to show the class next week.

4 comments:

The Lone Beader said...

The fig trees are quite remarkable! Are you an art teacher??

Also, thanks for visiting my blog, and adding Rudy to your site! I'll definitely be back to visit...

Cheers from Boston=:)

michael jensen said...

wow, sure do miss those trees. But NOT the bats!

pockoyo said...

Fig trees may be cool, though from my experience dried figs are not so cool.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]