Thursday, June 28, 2007

Buttons and a Window
A few years ago I inherited a large jar of old buttons that were my Grandma's. They stayed in my sewing box, just taking up room... I didn't want to get rid of them, but there was no way I was going to be able to use them all in my life time. A box frame from IKEA was the answer. Now some are on display.
When we redid our bathroom earlier this year I wanted something different for the window in there. We used to have a wooden blind, but I wanted to keep everything white and light. This is what I came up with. The letters are just cut out of clear contact and stuck onto the glass. The words only really show up at night time, they are quite transparent during the day.

2 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

One of my favorite memories is playing with my Grandma's button box. I would spend hours sorting and resorting them. What a great way to display them :0)

Lisa, Pete & Ava Jamieson said...

Hi Jenny, I've now discovered your blog. I too remember playing with a tin of buttons that belonged to a Grandparent, as a child. In fact there is a patterned green button in your picture (at the bottom of the frame) and I remember the exact one being in the tin I played with. Also I love the bathroom window idea, it looks great. -lisa