Thursday, June 14, 2007

Meme
I love the way language is so fluid. Meaning of words change and evolve continuously. Take for example meme:
Noun
Singular-meme
Plural-
memes
1. Any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, practices, habits, songs, dances and moods and terms such as race, culture, and ethnicity.
2. A self-
propagating unit of cultural evolution having a resemblance to the gene (the unit of genetics).
3. (
Verification for this usage is being sought)+: (loosely) An interactive quiz or survey spread from one user to another on the internet. (Wiktionary)
Anyway, I was tagged by Kate, so here goes:
5 things in my fridge
1. parmesan
2. olives
3. homemade roast pumpkin soup (thanks Andrew)
4. chardonay
5. something in a container up the back, not sure what it is now - possibly blue cheese that is now has a greenish patina
5 things in my handbag
1. mobile phone
2. ipod
3. comb
4. chewing gum wrappers
5. lipstick
5 things in my car
1. cord to connect ipod to car stereo
2. booster seat
3. groceries (I have not had the energy to bring them inside yet)
4. various crumbs and wrappers
5. a bag of ski gloves and beanies (still trying to find the owners of them)
5 things in my closet
1. sewing machine
2. overlocker
3. suitcases
4. presents hidden away for upcoming birthdays
5. and of course, clothes (too may of them if you listen to my husband)
Ok, I will tag Heather, Stephen, Amanda, Glen & Jo and Ava.

No comments: