Thursday, June 07, 2007

Power and the Passion...and the Secret of a Good Night's Sleep
Driving the kids to school just now I heard Midnight Oil's song, "The Power and the Passion".
Isn't it amazing how you can hear a song and remember all the lyrics, even though you have not thought of it for years.

"Oh the power and the passion

Oh the temper of the time

Oh the power and the passion

Sometimes you've got to take the hardest line...

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."

It took me back to my senior highschool years; the whole nuclear war worries, nuclear disarmament and the marches in Sydney. Do you remember this album cover? And the movie, "One Night Stand"?

And the secret to a good night's sleep during Winter? Explorer Socks. I bought a pair last year when we went skiing, and remembered that I owned them a couple of nights ago. They are the best for keeping feet warm in bed.

1 comment:

Justin said...

That album defined my teenage years...