Thursday, July 19, 2007

Chair Makeover
When we bought our house there were some old chairs left in our garage. They are really well made chairs, with good solid timber frames. After about ten years of living in the house, I have finally decided to give them a makeover.
The first one I sprayed red with a vinyl spray, and sanded back the wood and white washed it.I wanted to keep the second one white, but just refresh the colour as it was stained. I am still trying to decide what to do with the timber on this chair.

3 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Both chairs look great. Who knew you could paint vinyl?? Don't you just love old furniture? It is so well made and will last forever :0)

Priscilla said...

They look great! I love projects like this...but my husband doesn't. He hates it when I bring home thikngs to refurbish or change creativele. It can be quite discouraging.

I like the pillows! Did you sew those yourself?

Justin said...

Laurel would LOVE this kind of creativity. I'll send her the link.

(You have Priscilla as a reader?? Cool. What is the links from her to you?)