Sunday, July 29, 2007

No Photos Available At This Time
I can't upload any photos at the moment...no broadband left for this month, back to dial-up speed. Very sad.
The kids have been playing something called 'Club Penguin' for hours every day. (Well, an hour each on average, which adds up to hours. I don't want to sound like a parent who lets her children play computer games all the time.) They go through phases of wanting to use the computer, and then they forget about it for a week or so. A friend just introduced them to 'Club Penguin', so it is the flavour of the month. I set the oven timer for half an hour blocks, and they have their turn then have to go and find something else to do. Unfortunately they are at the age where cunning and sneakery (I know that is not a word) is at play, and if I am outside gardening or hanging the washing out, they come in and have more turns!! Dreadful. I'm sure I was not like that as a child! I know... there were no home pcs when I was a child.
I do remember something my sister and I did do which was rather sneaky. We loved condensed milk - the thick, sweet stuff. When mum was using it in cooking we were allowed to have a spoon of it each. We would savour that spoonful. One day we took a can of it out of the pantry and hid under my bed. We ate the lot! We felt very sick afterwards! Mmmm...I think that the saying that 'your sins will always find you out' is true.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Yum. I love sweetened condensed milk. I once sucked out a whole tube.

Lisa, Pete & Ava Jamieson said...

Yes I remember sneaking condensed milk too (but not a whole tin), and also eating bits of the cooking chocolate even though it didn't taste that great.

Randi & Family said...

Thanks for the comment -- the oven timer idea is a good idea - I hope that my Raymond grows up to LOVE to just play outside and use his imagination - but as much as I love the computer, I know he'll love that too! I hope you're having a great day :)

Randi & Family said...

P.S. I didn't realize you had an etsy shop! and I also didn't realize you were in Australia!! how much does it cost to ship to the US?

Have you lived in Australia your whole life? how cool!