Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Very difficult to get out of bed!
Sydneysiders woke up to their coldest July morning in 21 years today, when the thermometer dipped to 3.7 degrees.

The minimum temperature was reached at 6.54am today and beat by one degree a July record set just yesterday.

The temperature is the lowest recorded at Sydney's Observatory Hill since July 27, 1986, when the mercury plunged to 3.1 degrees.

There is no chance of snow falling in the city but the Blue Mountains may soon be dusted in white.

Sydney Morning Herald

4 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Record breaking temps here in July are in the 100's :0) Does Sydney do snow days for school? Here in W. Washington we are total snow whimps. A possibility of snow and everyone freaks out. Any snow on the ground and the schools shut down. Don't get me wrong, I love a good snow day, but come summer time, making up those snow days isn't fun at all.

Kate said...

We're having a real winter here too, for the first time in years. Melbourne traditionally has wet winters and dry summers (the opposite of Sydney) which I had almost forgotten in the drought, and I am really struggling to get anything dry in the cold, wet weather.

Priscilla said...

It is summer here. But in winter it gets very cold where I live and we get a lot of snow. I remember it getting down to about 17 below zero a few years ago...this is Farehnheit temperatures so that it considerably colder. I don't know what that would be in celsius. I'll google and find out.

Priscilla said...

-17 F= about -27 C! Brrrrrrrrr!