Sunday, August 05, 2007

Finnish Design
Recently I have been falling in love with Finnish fabrics and homewares. The more I see of them, the more I am impressed by them. As you may have noticed I have a link to Marimekko fabric in my sidebar.
I have just been browsing through an online gift shop - FinnishGifts.com. The following is the blurb they have about Marimekko:

Vivid colors and large scale patterns helped Marimekko establish Finland as a source of cutting-edge style in the 1950’s. Some of those same innovative and bold patterns have led to the resurgence of Marimekko in the design world today. Once again at the top of fashion, Marimekko's unique style reaches across generations.

I recently bought a piece of fabric on Ebay which I am going to stretch out as a canvas for our lounge room wall (it is undergoing a makeover at the moment)."Lumimarja" by Marimekko

No comments: