Friday, August 03, 2007

Racing
This incredible photo was sent to me by Al (a friend) this week. Incredible because he was there, and he took it!! Here is a part of the letter attached so you know what you are looking at:

The handy thing about watching the Tour in Paris is the stage finishes with eight laps of the Champs Elysees. This is helpful, ‘cause the peloton flies by in under a minute. Eight times the pack went by, each time the experience was better.

I’ve got lots of photos, but I’ll limit it to one for now. It’s not great, but the attached photo shows Team Discovery on the first lap – you can see Hincapie, Liepheimer, etal protecting Contador, and, somewhat poetically, Cadel Evans from Predictor/Lotto blurred in the background. Gee Cadel rode well – a clean rider, his is a phenomenal Australian sporting achievement.

Andrew stayed up every night to watch the Tour de France. It was on very late at night if you wanted to see it live.

And in other racing news - the girls had their athletics carnival at school this week. Not as high pressure, but they were both nervous about the day as I dropped them off in the morning. By the time I arrived back at school to watch they were enjoying the day.

Lauren and Madeleine are both on the far left in these photos.Oliver got to race too. A special preschool sibling race. He is on the far right.

4 comments:

Randi & Family said...

Sorry Jenny,
I didn't mean to make you feel I was rushing a response! I just didn't know if my first comment went through --- because I looked for it but couldn't find it! I'm excited to see what the price will be - I can't believe you made those yourself. I wish I was crafty like that!

I can't wait to hear more about your life! You sound like such a unique woman - with such cool experiences. I want to hear more about life in Australia and if you remember life in Africa. How incredible!

God bless and I hope you're having a great week too. Look forward to your response about the bags! :)

Randi & Family said...

OHH that's a great price - how exciting! I am going to deposit some money this weekend and order it next week! Can you tell me the size of them? I can't decide between toille or flip flops! but they're probably same size right? yay! :) Have a great weekend!!

Randi & Family said...

Nevermind --- I just looked at etsy again and the sizes are on there! talk to you soon! :)

Megs said...

good running, Madeleine, Lauren and Oliver! How's teaching going, Jen? The juggling between mothering and working must be challenging. I'm looking for work, and anticipating this with some trepidation.

Thanks for the groovy seeds on facebook!

love,
Meg