Saturday, October 13, 2007

Avoca
We have just spent the last 4 days of the school holidays in Avoca with Andrew's parents. They rented a house for a week and invited any members of the family, who wanted to join them, to come and stay. It was wonderful. Despite the fact the water was icy, I went in swimming and it was so refreshing. I love the ocean.
Lunch on the deck of the house. A fabulous view down to the beach.While we were there we caught up with an old friend, Jo, and met her kids for the first time. I don't think we have seen her for 12 years, and it was great to catch up and talk about funny memories, and people we have in common.
Lou and Chris, and the boys, dropped by on their way home from Fingal Bay, and we had lunch with them.


2 comments:

Marie said...

Jenny, looks like a really fun time. Thanks for your kind words, as I said, only another mother who has experienced the same can feel the same kind of pain of the loss of a child. I understand your pain, and thank you for letting me know that you understand mine. I appreciate the thoughts!

Our Red House said...

Oh Jen, I had so many childhood holidays at Avoca. I love the place, although it is much more built up now.