Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Bogong Moths
Sydney is in the middle of a bogong moth plague at the moment. Apparently they are migrating and are attracted by the lights of the city (and its suburbs!). Everytime the washing comes in there are moths caught up in the clothes; and they seem to like to hide in the crevices of the the car doors, so when the doors are opened they flutter into the interior causing mild panic (for children) and great annoyance (for adults).

There is some information about the moths here, including a recipe if you feel inspired to reduce the population by eating some.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Yuck. I detest bogong moths.

Victor and Rachel J-L said...

Hi Jenny!
I've got nothing to say about the moths but I've just had a lovely wander through your blog catching up on life for the Pocknalls. It's so great to see bits and pieces. Tho' it makes me miss you too.
Please give my love to each of your family, and lots for you too,
Rachel