Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Deb
On the weekend we celebrated Debbie's 28th birthday with a picnic in
Centennial Park. I have to say, after all my years of living in Sydney, I have never been in to Centennial Park before. Here is a little blurb from their website:
Centennial Park was dedicated by Sir Henry Parkes as a public open space in 1888 and was the venue for the inauguration of Federation in 1901. Centennial Parklands occupies a special place in the heart of the Australian nation as it includes a monument to the birth of the nation, the Federation Pavilion. Covering more than 360 hectares, the Parklands is one of the world’s finest and most used urban open spaces. It is situated less than five kilometres from Sydney’s central business district and just a few minutes from the city’s popular eastern beaches.
While we were there the kids found an amazing tree they made into a cubby house, and spent hours transporting food over to it, and climbing in its branches.

2 comments:

Randi :) said...

Hey girl! Long time no "talk" how are you! Everything is cool here. Except today Raymond burned his hand when I was at work.... I was devastated to hear him crying in the background when I got that call. We went to the ER and he's better now..... but geesh. How scary. Other than that we're great. What's new with you!!?! I ended up giving the flip flop purse/handbag to my mom and she LOVED/LOVES it! She is keeping it at this house to use any time she comes and visits which is soo often haha. So thank you again! :) Love it!

Randi :) said...

Hey girl! Long time no "talk" how are you! Everything is cool here. Except today Raymond burned his hand when I was at work.... I was devastated to hear him crying in the background when I got that call. We went to the ER and he's better now..... but geesh. How scary. Other than that we're great. What's new with you!!?! I ended up giving the flip flop purse/handbag to my mom and she LOVED/LOVES it! She is keeping it at this house to use any time she comes and visits which is soo often haha. So thank you again! :) Love it!