Saturday, December 22, 2007



Elizabeth: The Golden Age




Andrew and I went to see Elizabeth: The Golden Age this week. We enjoyed the first 'Elizabeth' film, and were keen to see this one. It did not disappoint.
There have been a lot of reviews that have panned it, but I thought it was magnificent. The gowns...the wigs...wonderful! Just imagine having to wear all that stuff everyday. No wonder Elizabeth's real hair was in such shocking condition underneath, and that she needed so many ladies-in-waiting to help her get dressed. Andrew wasn't so impressed with the 'romance' between Elizabeth and Sir Walter Raleigh, and would have liked a little more historical action and intrigue, but I thought it was an interesting way to portray Elizabeth's vulnerability.


And I must say, I think Cate Blanchett is just beautiful.





No comments: