Thursday, January 03, 2008

Movies
So far these holidays the kids and I have seen Enchanted and Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium.


'Enchanted' was fun, although Oliver thought it a little scary. I loved the very pretty dresses that Giselle managed to create out of curtains and a bed spread, and the girlyness of the character.


And 'Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium' was every child's toy shop fantasy. Everything about it made me smile. I also especially like Jason Bateman, (who starred as the accountant Henry) since I saw him in the series Arrested Development... I think it is one of the funniest shows to come out of America since Seinfeld.
I also went to see P.S. I Love You with some friends. It was very much a chick-flick, and tears were shed throughout. I did not think I was going to enjoy it after seeing the first scene, but it grew on me and I enjoyed the quirky relationships of the characters. A complete plus was Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who I had sobbed about when he died in 'Grey's Anatomy'. He has such a brilliant smile.

2 comments:

Paul Merrill said...

We saw & enjoyed "National Treasure" - but it would probably be too scary for kids the ages of yours. (Our 6-yr-old did fine, but she is not easily scared.)

Happy new year, Jenny!

Priscilla said...

I went with my youngest to see "Enchanted". I thought it was cute. My 8 year old like it. One of the things the amused us was seeing a certain pond in Central Park. We were in the exact spot where they filmed a couple of years ago.

My older two went with their dad to see "National Treasure"