Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Singer

This is my purchase from my weekend in the Blue Mountains. I am so pleased with it! I remember my grandmothers owning similar machines when they were alive, as they both were professional dressmakers.
All the mechanisms still work. although I will need to find a belt for it, and some other little bits and pieces.
I am planning on sanding it all back and repainting the metal black, but am unsure as to what to do with the wood as yet. Possibly rubbing bees wax into it and leaving it in its natural state. Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Monkey Giggles said...

Cool sewing machine. They just don't make em' like that anymore.

Wanted to let ya know I am having a little "cozy corner" contest if you would like to play along come on over.

Smiles

Our Red House said...

What great find. I read somewhere that the tables are more valuable that the machines these days, so usually the tables are sold by themselves and the machines discarded. You were lucky to find them together.

Where will you put it?

Kate

Seraphim sigh said...

I didn't get a chance to look at it in the back of the car. It's lovely, so something good came out of the weekend after all.......just joking. I had a great time.