Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tagged
I was tagged by Laurie Anne at Tinker's Piggies, so here goes... 4 jobs I have had
1. Pricing books at a Collins book factory - earning money for university. A chance to discover and pick up (from a bin where books with slight flaws were tossed out) many new books.
2. Cleaning a McDonalds restaurant - earning money whilst at university. The midnight to dawn shift on the weekends. A job that gave me some big scares (man in black balaclava doing disgusting things in the drive through window) as I was there alone at night. It paid good money though. Danger money I think.
3. Check-out chick at a local store during high school. Minimum wages!! I think it was $15 for 7 hours.
4. Primary school teacher - that is what I am now.

4 movies I would watch over and over again
1. Ladyhawk - with Matthew Broderick, Rutger Hauer, Michelle Pfeiffer
.
.
.
.
.
.

2. Pretty in Pink - with Molly Ringwald, Harry Dean Stanton, Jon Cryer
.
.
.
.
.
.

3. Local Hero - with actors you probably wouldn't recognise, except Burt Lancaster
.
.
.
.
.

4. Chocolat - with Juliette Binoche, Judi Dench, Johnny Depp
.
.
.
.
.
.
4 places I have lived
1. Tanzania - I was born there and lived there for my first 7 1/2 years
2. Moss Vale, NSW - my high school years were spent in the Southern Highlands
3. Bathurst, NSW - where I went to university
4. Sydney - where I have spent my married life
4 people I email daily
1. My husband - usually with a grocery list of things we have run out of
2 - 4. blogging friends
4 favourite things to eat
1. pizza
2. mangoes
3. muesli
4. salad
4 places I would rather be
1. shopping on my own (dreadful I know)
2. the beach
3. Africa (on a holiday - not to live)
4. in an art gallery with a great cafe
4 things I look forward to this year
1. My 40th birthday party
2. Holiday in Queensland
3. Holiday at 'the farm' with friends
4. And something that is a secret at the moment (and no... I'm not pregnant!)
Now, my turn to tag:

4 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

I didn't know you were a teacher, how fun. What grade do you teach? I taugh Kinder and 2nd. Both were so fun. If I go back, I would probably teach K. The US is so test crazy now, K is the only place allowed to have "fun" in school.
I once took a class from a woman who was from you neck of the woods. She was a big wig in the "Wright Group", Margaret Mooney. Have you ever heard of her?
:0)

Jennifer P. said...

I love reading posts like this! Your life sounds much more glamorous than mine--I imagine it's because you're a FOREIGNER :)!

I took your tag!

Emily Loria said...

Miss Jenny, I just clicked on you off of Jennifer P's and had to leave a little comment. My husband lived in Australia (Brisbane, the Gold Coast, and a few other places) for a few years and LOVED it, he actually tried to get on with Quantas as a pilot, but they don't hire unless you are an Aussie. He was so bummed. He misses burgers with the lot, Anzac biscuts, Violet Crumble, and all those fabulous things. We are waiting for the day to come and visit. I think he is an Aussie at heart. Every now and again he still pulls out the Digeriedoo and gives it a good blow. The kids love that.

Cheers!

the feathered nest said...

That was fun to read! I love Lady Hawke (the only good Rutger movie except Blade Runner I think). Thanks for the tag - I'll do it next week!

Manuela