Friday, January 25, 2008

Towels
I found three towels in a beautiful blue colour at Woolworths, on the clearance shelf, for only $4 each! Having three children I decided to snap them up, immediately thinking of an idea to individualise them.

My fabric collection (you know, the large box of fabric that is bought on various occasions because it catches your eye, and you MUST have it) had a piece of Amy Butler fabric in blue and white, from her Belle collection. I thought this would be perfect to use to applique the little one's names onto the towels.

I traced the letters onto fusible web and ironed it on the back of the fabric.

After cutting out the letters I ironed them onto the towels.

I then zig zagged around each letter (don't look too closely!)

Ta-dah!!

6 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

I love the towels! I have absolutely no creative talent, and I love what some people can just do! Great towels!

MaryLu said...

Absolutely adorable!! I love the big chunky letters, gotta go do some for us!
No stop, too many unfinished projects already! Sigh, oh well.

Jennifer P. said...

Ah, that is too cute! I love anything individualized--and with Amy Butler fabric to boot--that's just over the top :)!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Those are so cute! You did a great job. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Lisa, Pete & Ava Jamieson said...

Jenny you are amazing.

megduerksen.typepad.com said...

oh these are adorable!
that is very cool.

and i definitely know that quote from seinfeld.
was he talking about getting the golf ball from the whale? or was it the shrinkage one when they are at the ocean?
there so many seinfeld stories it's hard to remember.
i think this is my first visit to your blog.
it's so sweet.
-meg