Saturday, February 16, 2008

Backgrounds, Banners and Rainbows
Thankyou SO much Emily for your help.
I have tried and tried so many times to work out which bit of HTML script to change, so I could customize the background of my blog. Emily directed me to one of her friend's blogs, who had posted a little tutorial on how to do it... and TA DAH... a coastal theme has emerged.
I had great fun doing it, and even used some digi-scrap letters I downloaded. I don't have photoshop, so used Microsoft Paint. I'm sure there are better (or easier) ways to line up the letters etc. if I had the right software, but I was pleased with my first try.
And speaking of changing blog banners and backgrounds, Jennifer changed her blog and now has a 'Fun with Dick & Jane' theme. It is fantastic.
I was excited when I saw it as I have just discovered Michael Miller's range of 'Dick & Jane' fabric.
I made this last week. Yes, it is for me. I saw the fabric and went all nostalgic.
And am working on a project with this fabric at the moment.
One of my nieces, Jessica, had a rainbow birthday party today. It was lovely.
Bronwynne had made lots of rainbow food, and organised lots of girly craft.

My mother-in-law made these rainbow meringues for the party. A real treat.

7 comments:

megduerksen.typepad.com said...

a rainbow party?!
that sounds adorable!
i love the fabric. it's so vintage and lovely.

i LOVE the business time song.
it has some of our favorite quotes around here...."is that it?"
and "that's why they call 'em business socks!"

have a great saturday!
-meg

Emily Loria said...

Mmmmm, I love meringues, and those look so yummy with the rainbows on them. how cute! Glad the link worked for you, your background is cute!

Our Red House said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has trouble knowing which bits of html to change!

Love the skirt, love the meringues, in fact, I love everything about your post today.

hugs,

Kate

Cakes said...

Your new look is awesome! I'm so jealous! I can only steal the free backdrops for my blog. *sigh*

I love the Dick and Jane stuff. My kids are reading the Dick and Jane books right now. And Jack and Janet. http://www.juliascollectibles.com/ju30000.htm
I love these. Your skirt is so cute. Maybe an apron for your daughter?

Jennifer P. said...

The skirt and fabric are soooo cute! Perfect for a school teacher! And I love your background! Thanks for the shout out about my new page too--that was awfully sweet of you!

Priscilla said...

Dick and Jane! I love it! I remember them from school. Did you use that primer? I think we used it during one of the last years they ever used it!!!!! I'm showing my age now!

I will have to study that tutorial because I want something a little more unique than what blogger offers. I just can't figure out how!

Heidi said...

What fun ideas for a rainbow party! I love the colored caramel corn.