Friday, February 08, 2008

Meat Pies
Emily asked if I had a recipe for meat pies. Here is one I use from Donna Hay. I have included the shortcut pastry recipe too, as it is a good one.
Meat pies are one of those icon Australian meals. Harry's Cafe de Wheels, here in Sydney is a popular pie seller, and many a tourist (and local) visit this establishment. Particularly famous are the 'pie floaters'. I have never eaten one.



PS: It is better if you can cook the meat filling a day before and let it sit in the fridge. And remember... lots of tomato sauce.

3 comments:

Emily Loria said...

THANK YOU! My husband is drooling, I guess I better get cookin'!

Jennifer P. said...

If anyone's gonna make those--Emily'll do it!

I'm drooling myself!

Victor and Rachel J-L said...

Oh wow! I've just been thinking about trying to make a pie! I do miss them. What's the best thing to substitute for red wine? And can I put shortcrust pastry on top also? (if not, how do you make puff pastry?)
Thank you!
much love,
Rachel