Saturday, March 08, 2008

A Catch Up
I have worked extra days this week, hence no time for blogging.
As well as my usual class, I have taught Kindergarten for a couple of days. They were exhausting. Lovely, but hard work.

I'll do a bit of a catch up.

Last Sunday we went to a circus in at Darling Harbour. Our neighbours gave us the tickets as they were going to be away (thanks Pam & Alex). The circus consisted of acrobats, jugglers and clowns, and was in an auditorium rather than a big top. I don't think the kids believed it could be called a real circus due to the lack of animals and a tent, rather it was a show.



We had icecreams after the show, and a quick walk through some of Darling Harbour.

Last weekend we had a great find! Our area has been having a 'clean-up', and people have been puting all sorts of stuff onto their front paths to be collected by the council. We saw these and quickly nabbed them. Ten solid outdoor chairs.

Andrew had decided to have his 40th party at home, so we thought these would be perfect as extra seating. The kids and I are going to paint them.


And I began repainting some shelves that have sat in our dinning room over the past few years. I decided it was time for a revamp in there.

2 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

Those chairs are amazing! I find good deals at stores, but I've never found anything good just sitting on the street! They will look amazing painted! I'd love to see them in all different colors--how fun!

Sure looks warm and sunny in Sydney! Glad you've had time to have fun in the midst of being busy!

Priscilla said...

I love projects like these. I wish you were my neighbor. I need insoiration because I am so bored with the decorating in my house. I need a change.