Monday, March 03, 2008

A Long 24 Hours

We have spent an anxious day trying to find Boris.
Boris is our 13 1/2 year old gold labrador - a loved member of our family. We know that he has not got long with us now, but we didn't want our time to end with a question mark.
He must have got out of our gates yesterday, and just wandered off.
We searched til midnight last night, and rang vets and dog pounds today.

This afternoon we got the call... he had been found, and was at a pound.
We are amazed at how far he travelled, as his back legs don't work properly anymore.


And what was Boris' reaction when collected?
Underwhelming!


However, he is pleased to have been fed, and is now receiving a little more attention.

After Boris' return, my mind could focus on a package I got to today. A gorgeous t-shirt from Two Salty.

Of course I bought the t-shirt with the bird on it.

6 comments:

Lisa, Pete & Ava Jamieson said...

Oh my! That post was an emotional roller coaster.... "oh no they've lost Boris!!".. wait "he's back again". Glad you found him.

Then a total switch to a t-shirt with a bird on it. Now I don't know what to feel ;)

But I did want to tell you that I was painting bluebirds for my baby's room when my waters broke & then we called "that baby" Ava, which actually means bird (didn't make the connection til later).

I like the t-shirt!

Jennifer P. said...

So glad you got your dog back! We had a similar episode with our cat several years back. He ended up lost for 3 months--then just showed up again! Phew!

Funny that your dog seemed to care less--typical dog :)!

Love your new shirt too. You are always ordering the neatest stuff!!!

Laurie Anne said...

I'm glad you found your doggie and the cool bird shirt seems "very you" :0)

Priscilla said...

Phew! I'm just so glad you found him. I would be so sad if we lost Sherman.

I commented again on your USA post.

Victor and Rachel J-L said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got Boris back! He is a dear dog. What an adventure for him! He was probably too much in shock to feel anything but relief when you turned up.
Give him a pat from me.
love to you all,
Rachel

Paul Merrill said...

Glad you got your doggie back!

And by the way, Americans generally DO like bad (weak) coffee - but Starbucks is teaching America that stronger coffee can be good. So things are changing. And this American likes strong coffee.