Thursday, April 24, 2008

Old Door
I spotted an old screen door over my neighbour's fence this week, and then I could not get it out of my mind. I lay in bed thinking about all the possibilities it had.
I eventually rang and asked if she would sell it to me.
She gave it to me! (Thankyou Colleen)
The wood is rotting at the base of it. This helped me make a final decision.
I am going to take the iron center out of it, and then maybe turn it into a mirror.
And Madeleine and I are going to make a vegetable garden tomorrow, and use the frame to grow peas up. I am going to attach chicken wire to the frame in place of the iron swirls.

2 comments:

traci said...

Im a HUGE door lover!!! I have spotted a door in some strange neighborhood on the side of a house and dreamt about it so much that I DROVE back and asked for it..lol...they gave it to me. I just love doors and windows.
I noticed you made a comment on Megs blog "whatever" about the big, gorgeous white house that is run down. You mentioned you checked it out on the realtors pg... how did you find it? I would LOVE to check it out... can you pass that info to me? Heres my email hey_traci@yahoo.com
Thanks

Priscilla said...

I love old stuff like this!! Oh the possibilities!