Thursday, April 17, 2008

Rimwood Farm
We returned tonight from our annual holiday at "the farm".

A fun time was had by all, but the general consensus was that we all could have done with an extra night.

I could feel myself start to unwind yesterday, around 3pm. Before this I was unable to concentrate for more than 30 seconds on anything. This meant that I did not read a single book (only two chapters), nor did I complete a jigsaw puzzle (actually, Lou may have something to do with this!), nor did I watch a movie in its entirety (although saw most of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" today).
I flittered from one activity to another... with a snack and a glass of wine to complete each snippet of an activity.
I did, once again, enjoy the pleasures of pay TV, with the many decorating shows on the Lifestyle channel, when the children weren't watching Nickelodeon.

The men indulged in their pyromaniacal (I'm sure that is a word) tendencies by building a bonfire...
and then sitting around it the next day and enjoying some ales and rugby magazines.

Kids around the bonfire.

Enjoying the fire the next day. Andrew was enjoying himself, just not the camera being pointed at him again.

A bottle that was thrown into the fire to watch it melt! One of the 'cleansing ales' after it had been consumed.

A parents vs kids "Spongebob" quiz.

video

The result of too much sugar and high GI foods... really only of interest to those shown in them!

video
video

4 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. These trips are always too short.
:0)

megduerksen.typepad.com said...

oh this looks like real family fun.
it makes me want to have more of that.
even if it's stressful
even if it's tiring
it's worth it...for your family.

Lisa, Pete & Ava Jamieson said...

The last video looks like it's on fast fwd... what a gem to have that recorded! The moves are classic!

Priscilla said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend. I want to go!!!!