Friday, May 23, 2008

Being Human
It has been a hard couple of weeks... for us. A harder year for Sylvia, Andrew's mother.
Andrew's dad (John) has been unwell for quite some time. It began with a kidney issue, and the need to go on dialysis (which he didn't).
Two weeks ago he was diagnosed with secondary bone cancer. He was admitted to hospital yesterday, for a whole heap of tests and pain management. John has decided not to undergo any chemo etc. I can understand that.
It is hard at home because the kids don't understand how sick Grandfather is, and how that may effect Andrew.
Andrew still has to function at his job. And then come home to us - a rabble of noise and daily duties!
In a way, there is no time for us. Really. And I understand that.
Mmmmm. That is life.
I know that God has it under control, and that is life. We just need to weather the storm.

4 comments:

Our Red House said...

I am so sorry to hear about Andrew's Dad. It sounds like you are all going through a really rough patch. My Dad died last year from seconday bone cancer (he started with lung cancer.) Hard times!

Please give Andrew my love. I will be praying for you.

Kate

Heather Here said...

Our love is going out to you guys...yeah you'll weather the storm, but like you said, God's in control of the storm. We love you!
xoxo

Priscilla said...

I'm sorry that your family is going through this. How hard. I will pray for you all.

Justin said...

Our prayers are with you all, Jenny and Andrew.