Monday, August 18, 2008

Taronga Zoo
Today I went on an excursion to Taronga Zoo with some of my students.
This is the zoo found on the harbour in Sydney.

I thought I would show you some photos so you can catch a glimpse of one of our local attractions.

Definitely a shot for the overseas market.

As is this.
It is an echidna, another of our native animals.

Corroboree frogs - an endangered and poisonous little creature.

Mountain goats and a fabulous background.


Sumatran tiger - a neighbour to our shores.

My favourite animal of all.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the pictures of the goat with that fabulous background.
Of course I love the Kangaroos!!
I've never heard of nor seen an echidna...looks kinda like a porcupine or hedgehog?
Very cool; you're lucky to be close to a nice zoo like this!

Cakes said...

I love zoos and that looks like a really cool one!

Emily said...

Wow, that mountian goat shot was stunning!

Paul Merrill said...

Aaah, I'm sure your growing up in Africa has a tiny bit to do with your love of giraffes.

Priscilla said...

You grew up in Africa? My very dearest friend did too. She grew up in Zaire...which is now Republic of Congo. She attended high school in Kenya.

I've always loved giraffes too.

Kat said...

I *love* the juxtaposition of the "wild" animals with the wilds of the big city behind them. So neat. We have a really good zoo here in Atlanta (and are on Panda watch right now to see if a baby might be happening soon.) But...I can't recall the last time I went.

Megs said...

mine too!
(giraffes, fav aminal!)

Jennifer P. said...

The entrance is gorgeous, the goats look a tad out of place, and Australia takes the prize for largest number of odd looking native animals :)! And that's all I have to say!