Friday, September 12, 2008

Blue Lagoon
Do you remember that movie (it came out in 1980)?
I remember I was not allowed to go and see it at the time - too risque!!!
I remember seeing it years later, and wondering what all the fuss was about.
And how improbable the whole easy pregnancy and childbirth was... let alone the non breast feeding issues. That baby just latched on with no problems, and she just smiled with child-like innocence throughout the process. (You may have guessed it was no Blue Lagoon experience when it was my turn to do it!!)
Anyway, the Hilton Hawaiian Village had its own blue lagoon. And there was no frolicking about in sun-bleached white loin cloths. No, it was a sensible blue one piece swimsuit for me.
The water was warm, and the sunshine even warmer.


Mmmmmmm.....

5 comments:

Heidi said...

You'll still find the Blue Lagoon playing on some obscure channel every once in a while on a Sunday at some boring hour like 3 or 3:30pm (out here in Canada anyway). And with all of that 'perfection' going on it almost makes it a little creepy.

American in Norway said...

Ah such great pictures! Looks like you had a fab time! I want to go somewhere warm... I think I am in for a long winter!

Priscilla said...

Never saw the movie. It looks like a beautiful place to be though!

Kelly said...

Oooh, I'm feeling warm and toasty just looking at those pictures!!

Seraphim sigh said...

Yes I do remember that movie. I had to wash up for a month because I went to see it. I think I even own a copy of it somewhere I'm embarrassed to say.
I remember when you went to Hawaii? I didn't know you blogged about it though. Glad I found this.