Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kath & Kim
There has been a lot of talk on the TV recently, about Kath & Kim (the American version) being released soon in the US. My kids often see something about it and yell out various statements in incredulous voices:
"Kath has black hair!"
"They've changed Sharon into a man!" etc
I think everyone is waiting to see what the US makes of it.
Apparently a lot of the humour needed to be changed due to cultural differences.
I thought I would post some snippets of our Kath & Kim, and the ad for the American version screening soon.

Our Kath and Kell on Dancing with the Stars.



The American version.



Kath & Kim get ready for a football (AFL) dinner.



A collection of clips leading up to Kath's wedding to Kell.



Check out the foxy ladies' website too.

5 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

It is really being hyped here. I like Molly Shannon. A few years ago they tried to do an American version of Coupling. It was awful. It came across as just raunchy and very unfunny. The funny thing is that the Brit version, which I LOVE, is also very raunchy but in such a cheeky way. I think the accent helped too. I can't wait to see the show :0)

Priscilla said...

Hmmmmm. I never heard of this, but I don't think it is something I would probably care for.

The raunchiness would definitely NOT fly well in the US.

Just call me Miss Prim and Proper. Ha ha!

Dee said...

Love Kath and Kim!

Dee said...

Jst watched the American clip, I did not realise it was different people doing it,(ie not our Kath and Kim and Aussieness) strange they did not use the aussie version - will be interesting to see if it takes off this way.

Sunshine said...

Oh my GOODNESS! I'm so glad I took a minute to watch that!!!

Further proof I HAVE to move to Australia, I tell you!!!!

That pretty sink made me feel happy too! ;D

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny!

Ahhhhh, I so needed that! ;D