Sunday, October 05, 2008

Some more pics of my new nephew, and some chat about the weather.
Yesterday I made it to the hospital to meet Joshua.
What a gorgeous little man.
I love babies; each time I meet a new member of our family I have the urge to have another one.
(But don't worry friends and family, it ain't gonna happen!)
I'll just cuddle my new nieces and nephews.


And now to more mundane things...
We have been having some very warm weather for Spring.
On Friday it was 35 degrees Celsius in Sydney. That 95 for the Americans. (Does anyone know how to access the degrees symbol?? Other people use it, so it must be here somewhere. I'm serious - I need to know.)
Not that I am complaining (well, just a little, as it seems our air conditioner is not working too well), but we usually ease our way into a season. It seems that we have gone straight from Winter to Summer however.
It makes it very difficult when choosing shoes.
It doesn't seem right to go straight from boots to strappy sandals.

4 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hurray for babies!

I've been wondering the same thing about the degree symbol. It is getting chillier and chillier here! We finally turned on our heat here last night!

Our Red House said...

Can't help you on the degrees symbol, sorry.

Is that Philly's new baby? He's gorgeous. How exciting to have a new baby in the family!

Kate

Jennifer P. said...

SUCH a beautiful baby! Congratulations! I wish I knew how to find the degree symbol---and also the cent symbol. They're hidden in the keyboard somewhere.....

baker st jones said...

Today it was 20° in London. You could cut'n'paste that. /T