Friday, October 24, 2008

Where Am I?
Thanks for stopping by and asking if I was OK Laurie Anne... I am still here, but have not blogged, or looked at blogs for such a long time.
My excuse - LIFE.
OK, so what have I been doing....
1. Too much time on FaceBook (just a moment... don't shriek and leave me yet... I'll explain).
Recently a school friend found me, via the wonders of the web, to tell me about a reunion that is being organised. 23 years since high school. Yes, it is an odd number, but most students left at the end of Year 10 at my high school, so it makes it a 25 year reunion for them, 23 years for those who went on to Year 12.
I have been spending my computer time 'catching up' with long lost friends, and being amazed at all the people I don't remember at all (Yes... not at all. Absolutely no recollection of who they are!!!).
2. Work. You know that necessary thing that we all have to face at some stage.
And I have been extra involved in the past weeks reading a mountain of young adult fiction and preparing my reading programme for next year. Yeah, it's a bit keen, I know.
3. End of year hoo-har. There have been concerts to prepare for, or attend. Fetes to organise etc.
My girls actually danced (with their dance school, not some random act), at a local school fete this afternoon.
4. Emy and Dave's wedding in Coffs Harbour. The last weekend of the school holidays was spent celebrating a colleague (and friend's) wedding.
Coffs Harbour is a 6 hour drive north of Sydney, and a beautiful location on the beach for a wedding.

A photo of Emylee and all of us from work.

And on a completely different topic, I have discover two new albums that I am really enjoying at the moment. MGMT and Empire of the Sun.






6 comments:

Dee from Downunder said...

good to see you back! I can relate to not remembering people from school, one of my high schools (been to 3) was pretty large. i remember a girl coming to where I worked about 10 years later, chatting away after she recognised me, telling me about a few of the kids.. and I am thinking... I dont remember you..... embarrassing, especially as I am pretty good with faces.

American in Norway said...

Nice to see you back... I too, have become addicted to FACE BOOK...LOVE it!

Mamasphere said...

Work and that mom thing have been sucking up most of my time lately. It's so hard to carve out some time for what makes me happy, like blogging. Hopefully it's just a cyclical thing!

Are you going to the reunion?

Victor and Rachel J-L said...

Good to see you back, Jenny.

Laurie Anne said...

I'm glad you are okay and I totally get the "crackbook" thing. We have also spent too much time reconnecting with the long lost friends of our youth. Isn't it fun?? :0)

Priscilla said...

Since I am taking a Children's Literature class I understand the mountain of books! I will take YA Lit some time in the future.