Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Zawadi at the Beach
Today we were down the coast visiting my mum and dad.
We took Zawadi, their newish lab (the one they said they would not get, after Safi died, but arrived two weeks later!!), to the beach.
Zawadi is learning to retrieve a tennis ball.

Oliver threw it for her many times...

and the silly humans would run enthusiastically after it...

encouraging her to pick it up and bring it back to Oliver.

Eventually she learnt that if she dropped it at Mum's feet, she would get a liver treat.

Please note in the next photo, I am carrying a conglomeration of things.

1. A fluffy toy which we asked Madeleine not to take out of the car, because she would end up asking someone to carry it. She swore she wouldn't. 5 minutes later and it's in my arms.

2. Two pairs of children's shoes. Once again, they were encouraged to leave them in the car.

3. A collection of shells and rocks dutifully found by Lauren, but impossible for her to carry.

I guess that is one of the roles of being a mother. My Mum used to do it for us too.

9 comments:

Priscilla said...

Oh the mother who carries everything! It's a universal problem!!!!

Mamasphere said...

That picture of everyone running after the ball had me in stitches!

I always seem to find my hands full, too. Maybe some day I'll get them back...

Paul Merrill said...

Zawadi - not many people in your part of the world (nor mine) know what that means!

Jennifer P. said...

Nothing better than a dog on a beach----even in Australia :)

Jon McFerson said...

Jenny, this is Jon in california. i told Jennifer P. that my next trip is going to be Down Under. i'll definitely have to keep you in mind before i plan my trip. i have always wanted to visited Australia...JON

http://jonmcferson.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Hey, what is it with carrying our kids' stuff? Sigh, talking about shoes, I've been carrying around a pair of Hannah Montana shoes in my car to give back to you. Are they Lauren's? They're too small for me, hehe...xx

Dee said...

mums are always the packhorse!

lovely pics!

Sunshine said...

Those are *exactly* the things I have in my hand when we go to the beach. Funny how that works.

Maaaan...that beach looks incredibly inviting.

p.s. I have a little something for you over at my place...

Megs said...

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN JEN!

ahhhhh, those beautiful Australian beaches!

it's 0 (how did you get that symbol???!!!) degrees here!!!

VERY crisp!!

i'm baking pumpkin apple soup, pumpkin picked by Cocos, apples by Eowyn!!!!!!!!!

love Meg