Sunday, November 09, 2008

Now We Are Six!
When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three,
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six,
I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now,
For ever and ever.
A A Milne (1927)

Oliver had a much anticipated, exciting (but tiring) day yesterday, celebrating his birthday with his friends.
The venue? A putt putt golf course.





I looked at Oliver this morning during church. He had fallen asleep on my lap as he was very tired. Eventually he decided to stretch out along 3 seats beside me. I realised how tall he had become, and how much he has grown up this year. My little boy is no longer my little boy!
I was 34 when I had him, and that seems such a long time ago now. I'm feeling a bit weepy about it today...

5 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

They will always be our babies :0)

Joy said...

Great cakes Jenny, they look much appreciated by the 'not so little' little boys. And how grown up does Malcolm look!! Glad to see Sort and Style's post too! Happy Birthday to O

Victor and Rachel J-L said...

Happy Birthday Oliver!

It's good that you're noticing and appreciating him growing up, Jenny. Even if it makes you teary now, better than not noticing until he's... left home.
He's a lovely boy.

Laural Out Loud said...

Love the cupcakes! I want to do something similar for my daughter's next birthday. Happy Birthday to your big guy!

Priscilla said...

He looks like such a sweet boy. I know the feeling well of looking at them and wondering how time has flown. My little boy is 13!