Saturday, November 01, 2008

School Camp
I have just been away on camp with 120 Year 5 & 6 students.
I thought I would share some photos.
We stayed at a place called Cooba, 5 hours south of Sydney. You can see the effects of drought in these pictures taken around the property.There was a ropes course the kids had fun climbing and balancing over and through.And archery. I had not used a bow and arrow since my days of camp as a student. My arm was incredibly bruised after my effort with the bow. However, despite my poor technique, I did hit the bullseye twice, and pop a balloon tied to a target.We rode a chairlift at Thredbo, in the Snowy Mountains.
We walked and walked and walked.The kids (and teachers) had fun in the remains of some snow.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

So does grade 5&6 kids translate to 11 and 12 year olds? Regardless, you are a brave and wonderful person for chaparoning that many kids!!

*GASP!* at your arm!!! It looks like it's sore :(

Jenny said...

The kids are 10 & 11 year olds.

Yes, the arm is a little sore.

Victor and Rachel J-L said...

Oh, your poor arm! It looks terrible! But must have felt very satisfying to get the bulls eye. Worth the wounds.

Laurie Anne said...

You are much braver than me. Ben will go to camp next year and they are always looking for parents to go along. I don't know if I have the stamina. Looks like you guys had a blast :0)

Mamasphere said...

I took an archery class when I was 12 and loved it. If that's the kind of bruising I'd get if I tried it again, I'll just have to leave the bow on the floor, lol. Looks like you had a great trip!

Jennifer P. said...

Your poor arm! Oh--ouch! ouch! ouch!

I think someone ought to give you a trophy for being such a trooper! Not just anyone could have survived a trip where they were completely outnumbered by children :)!

Sunshine said...

That looks so fun! I loove the tire swings. That's my favorite pic! I would totally be SO PROUD of those archery bruises if I were you. They.are.awesome.

Dee from Downunder said...

Looks like fun, other than your arm!

sam becca and zach said...

so dry!

Priscilla said...

ouch! That arm looks like it hurts!