Friday, December 05, 2008

The Other Hand
This week I read the Other Hand (titled Little Bee in the US and Canada), and it was amazing.
It was the back cover that really captured my attention.
The story begins with Little Bee, an asylum seeker, being released from a camp in the English countryside, with nothing but a card and the driver's licence of a man she met two years beforehand, on a beach in Nigeria.
At the end of Chapter Two I was so overcome (and blubbering), I had to put it away for the evening.
If you are looking for something new to read, I thoroughly recommend this book.

3 comments:

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Well, you've sold me on it. I'm writing that one down and adding it to me Amazon Wish list. Thanks for telling us about it.

Oh, and thank you so much for generously adding Nanny Goats In Panties to your blog roll. I really appreciate that!

Cakes said...

Just what I need! Thank you!!

marne said...

I would have picked it up just based on the cover too. It looks good, I'm checking the library right now!