Sunday, March 01, 2009

School Reunion - after the event
It was fun!
Lots and lots of fun!
And provided lots of fodder to think over on the drive home today.
I think high school can be summed up in one word for me:

angst
Someone I was speaking to last night said, "If only we knew then, what we know now."
Yes, surely that would have alleviated the angst of high school.
At high school I was constantly worried about not fitting in, about not being liked, about appearing 'normal'.
Now, at 40, I am not weighed down by what other people think of me. I'm me, take it or leave it.
After graduating, I thought I would never want to look back, never revisit the past.

But as the time was getting closer to the reunion, I was looking forward to it more and more. And I found that I really did want to see old friends again.

Below are some pics of friends I really do treasure knowing for 6 years of my life.


Cathie and Ruth

Me, Lance and Michelle

Tony

Jenny and Lance

Dan, Nick and Ruth

Lance and Michelle

Cathie, Paula and Dale

Me, Jenny, Paula, Ruth, Fiona and Dale


2 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

FUn to catch up on this---glad to know they have highschool reunions in Australia too!

By the way--thank you SO much for the James Cook website references. THey were of great help to Zane in his report!!!

Cakes said...

looks like fun! I have my 20 year reunion this summer. I can't wait to catch up with everyone!