Sunday, August 09, 2009

John Hughes
The name John Hughes conjures up images of my high school years for two reasons:
Firstly, it was the name of my Year Master and English teacher;
And secondly, it was the name of the director of all my favourite movies at that time.

I just learnt that the latter John Hughes recently passed away at the age of 59.

He really did define the 80s.
I'm sure we have all seen most of these films:
Mr. Mom
National Lampoon's Vacation
Sixteen Candles
The Breakfast Club
The Great Outdoors
National Lampoon's European Vacation
Weird Science
Pretty in Pink
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Some Kind of Wonderful
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
She's Having a Baby
Uncle Buck
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Home Alone (Directed Part 1, wrote Part 2)
Career Opportunities
Dutch
Curly Sue
Beethoven
101 Dalmatians




I think that a John Hughes movie marathon is in order... starting with the Breakfast Club.

No comments: