Monday, November 02, 2009

About Christmas Gifts
Now that both sides of my family are growing larger and larger (in number) by the year, both sides of the family have decided to do the Kris Kringle 'game'.
You know the one - each person is matched with a person to buy for. A monetary limit is given.
I am happy (almost) to go along with this.
But I do like to be able to give suggestions.
With horror I received the news yesterday that a certain member of the family (who does not own a computer, so I think I am fairly safe in saying this) had already purchased for me. I hope my face remained neutral, or even looked slightly pleased.
I know, I know, it's all about the thought!!
However, on the other side of the family I have scored my sister, and yesterday I gave a fairly strong hint about this...

I think sending an Amazon link labelled, "I want this.", is a fairly strong hint.
But do not think me completely selfish, and gift greedy.
I love to give gifts!
I see so many things I want to give others. So many perfect, well suited books that I pop into my shopping trolley, only to remember that I am not giving a gift to that person this year.
It sucks!

4 comments:

Philippa said...

lucky that I like strong hints and have access to amazon...

Sophie said...

hehe! I like your style! I'm the kind that like surprises but not always the kind that other people like to give!!

Cakes said...

I love her blog!

tikki tikki tembo no sa rembo chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo said...

Mrs P

thats the first time i've seen u write 'It SUCKS'

tut tut tut mrs p
bad role model