Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Updates
Legs first... Amanda took me to my doctor's surgery today to have the staples out.
Yes, staples!!
The first I had any inkling there were staples, rather than stitches was Monday. I peeked under the bandages to see what was happening.
Then on Tuesday, due to intense groin pain along the knicker line I looked elsewhere. Not a pretty picture in the nether regions I can tell you!
Well, the bandages were cut off and 55 staples were removed. Yes, 55!
But still no baths or showers for me. Steri-strips and pressures stockings were donned.

Reading second...I read 'Her Fearful Symmetry' on Sunday. I thought it was quite average. 'The Time Travellers Wife' was soooo much better (and I thought the movie was great too).

Have now begun 'Eat, Pray, Love'. The first two chapters have been very promising...

Andrew third... has arrived safely in PNG. Away for 10 days.


4 comments:

Sophie said...

staples??????

Joy said...

Andrew's away!? Let me know if I can do anything to help

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!!! Love the gory details about your beautiful legs!!!! Hope you are well....as for me...i am bored! So if you need any help, I can offer my services!!
Well until Owen decides he'd like to enter the world!
Emyx

Janine said...

Staples .... 55.... you poor thing.
I've read the book and I thought it was good.
Let me know if I can do anything while Andrew is away
Janine