Monday, March 08, 2010

Masterpieces in Canberra
Last weekend I went to Canberra with 3 friends to see the Masterpieces from Paris.

We had breakfast on the way at the Elephant Boy Cafe in Bowral.


After seeing how long the line was outside the art gallery, we decided to drive to the Australian War Memorial for coffee and a look around.
Then back to the art gallery.
We waited in line for 2 hours.
Apparently there are approximately 10 000 people looking through the exhibition every day.
We finally made it...
and it was worth the wait.
I surprised myself by literally tearing up when I saw the paintings by Van Gogh. Posters or pictures just don't do them justice. They were visually stunning, the colours so bright.
The next day, after a fun night of all sorts of shenanigans, we visited the outside of Parliament House (just to say we had been there), and went shopping (because what girl's weekend away is complete without shopping!!), and then began the journey home.
Only to be stuck for 1 & 1/2 hours in a traffic jam just outside Goulburn.


2 comments:

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Waiting in line for 2 hours - UGH! I don't know if I could have done it. If I were King, I would command my minions to figure out a way to let people never have to wait in line for anything. Of course, if I were King, my absolute power would corrupt me absolutely and I would never have to wait in line for anything because I was King and I wouldn't give a crap about the peasants.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.