Friday, April 09, 2010

Eggs


The finches have begun to lay eggs. I was not prepared for this. I knew that they probably would start eventually, but it all happened too soon!                              
What I did know was that they needed more space. I bought a shelving unit on ebay for $30, and have been sawing and hammering over the past day.    
        

Settling them both into their new home, complete with nesting box, was an unsettling experience for both woman and beast.

They are now recovering, and I am having a wine.

I was going to leave them outside, but reneged and brought them in.

2 comments:

Seraphim sigh said...

It was so worth the wait (as in sitting in the car). It's beautiful.

Bronwynne said...

Does this mean Aunty Ruth will never visit your home again?
Love the cage though.
love, Bronwynne
PS You should post this on ikea hacker!