Sunday, July 18, 2010

Television

My TV viewing habits have changed over the years, and now with the ability to download shows, or watch them online, I find that I rarely watch anything week by week. I tend to forget they are on, or have forgotten what happened the previous week if I wait the conventional way. Too much happens in the real world during a week to get an enjoyable story flow.

Unless it is Australian Story, or At the Movies, or Foreign Correspondent etc.

These days I watch a show a season at a time, or if I have 3 or 4 episodes lined up - no ads and a continuity to the storyline.
This week, after all were tucked in their beds, I tried out 'Outnumbered'. Several friends had raved about it.
I enjoyed the first couple of episodes, and then by the third I began laughing... and I could not stop.
At one point a daughter's head popped out and asked why I was crying.
I wasn't crying. I was trying to laugh silently (because everyone else was in bed) and the tears were streaming down my face.

If you get the opportunity to see it, do.
And I recommend you try at least 3 in a row.




2 comments:

Paul Merrill said...

LOVE the 'Outnumbered' shorts - das that the USA is so behind. We can't watch them here yet.

Paul Merrill said...

Oops 'sad' that...