Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Misnomer

I used to have 4 chooks.
Now there is only 3.
Very sad... and I blame myself. And of course the brainless bird who ran underneath my foot.
And here is how her (Lucy or Sam???) demise came about:

She ran at me as I carried the food scraps out, and I accidentally stepped on her feet.
Ouch.
Her feet became swollen. She could not perch any more. She became listless, her comb drooped, she tipped over with the slightest touch.
Eventually, one morning, she was found lifeless.
I was very sad.
I had prayed for that bird, coaxed it to eat, worried over it each morning (was she still alive?) and each evening (did she make it back to the cage, or do I have to search for her?).

By I can't change my blog address now.
I'll just have to get another chook.

3 comments:

Seraphim sigh said...

Very sad
but a bit LOL at the same time.

Sorry for your loss.

Lol.

Laurie Anne said...

So sorry, Jenny.
Look on the bright side, now a new chook will be able to have loving new home :0)

Janine said...

That is sad Jenny but hopefully that little chicky is now one happy eagle soaring overhead.