Monday, January 24, 2011

Kitchen/Laundry/Dining

The kitchen, the heart of the home.
Or the most used room in the house.
Therefore I wanted something open and connected to the dining area.

I have been looking through my photos, looking for some before pics.

This was our tiny kitchen before it was all removed, along with the walls.

It looked through to our dining room, which we managed to squeeze a table and dresser into.

I could not find any photos of the laundry. It was too revolting to photograph anyway.
Now, with all the the walls removed, and the back of the house squared off, the area is all open plan. We had our benches raised above the average height (100cm) as we are a tall family.
The cupboards are a white gloss, the bench top is CaesarStone in the colour snow, and the handles are from IKEA. I love the slide out draws of the pantry, and all the soft close draws to store away all the crockery, cutlery etc.
The laundry is hidden away behind two doors. The cupboards and bench top matches the kitchen.





All in all, I love it.

3 comments:

Our Red House said...

Hi Jenny,

I can't get the photos of your new kitchen to load on my computer. Perhaps the file size is a bit large?

Kate

Jenny said...

You can use the 'view all images' button if it won't do so. Or right click on the area and choose 'play'.

Emy said...

OMG your house is AMAZING!!! You must love it!!!!!